Come for the Day
Stay for the Lifestyle
|Greetings from “It’s Almost Summer” Port Ludlow~So, the local saying goes like this: “Summer starts on July 5th”….but I will tell you that we are already serving on the Veranda, we have seen lots of boaters, the herbs in our garden are being used in our daily dinner menu and the parking lot at the golf course has been full most often lately.AND for those of us in the Northwest – here’s the most certain sign: COPPER RIVER SALMON SEASON kicked off last week and is the beginning of many river openings to follow. According to Chef Dan, the river fish are the peak of perfection. They are the biggest they ever get and they have gathered all the natural Omega 3’s. We are starting to see Kings and Sockeyes each week now. So you can anticipate these will be featured on our daily dinner menu.
Lots to share again this month – here’s a bit of the news:
- The Inn is being painted on the outside – back to the original color of yellow – so excited to see the progress being made and we should have it completed by the “real summer”
- Afternoon Tea is now a regular event – once a month (see flyer for details) – and any time you have a party of eight with advanced reservations
- THEO’s Chocolate is here on June 7th for a tasting – we hope you’ll stop by to learn more about this important food group
- Our Farm Series Dinners are under way – you’ll need reservations as these are sure to sell out – the first three are on property – the final one will be at the farm (Finnriver)
- We are delighted to see so many new faces at the Inn – those that are new residents and those that have “re-discovered” us – thank you for the many good comments about the experiences. TripAdvisor just notified us of our 2013 awards for the Inn and The Fireside – so making the time to share your views matters.
- Port Ludlow Friday Market started this week – new location and new time – at the Upper Lawn near the Marina each Friday from 1-5pm. And the Chimacum Market opens tomorrow(Sunday) with all kinds of activities including Elevated Ice Cream to the first 500. Hope to see you there.
- We have just finalized a partnership with the Northwest Maritime Center – stay tuned for details and be sure to plan on a visit to the Wooden Boat Festival – second weekend of September.
And now a favor – please call ahead for reservations in the dining room. THANKFULLY, we are getting quite busy – for breakfast, lunch, Happy Hour, dinner and special occasions…..and we want to take good care of you. The number is easy to remember 360-437-7412. Look at your phone and go from bottom to top and one over 7-4-1-2. Let us know of your plans and we’ll plan for you.
See you around the resort!
P.S. Daniel R. Merkle was our lucky winner last month. The photo was the front door to Molly Ward Gardens. We love this place and are so happy it is in the neighborhood.
So here’s your opportunity this month: What is this and where is it?
The first person to answer correctly wins dinner for two in The Fireside and a bottle of something special…..
|Washington Named Best State for Cyclists
The League of American Bicyclists named Washington Best State for Cyclists. The Olympic Peninsula is covered with bike trails including more than 53 paved miles of the 130-mile Olympic Discovery Trail
. Cyclists can travel from the north peninsula towns of Port Townsend, Sequim, and Port Angeles all the way to the Pacific Ocean following this trail. The area around Brinnon and Quilcene is also popular with mountain and road bikers. The Port Townsend Bicycle Association
has downloadable maps of biking trails across the Olympic Peninsula.
……………………..and MORE – Golf, Marina Open House, Kids…………
Come join us at the Port Ludlow Golf Course for the
Wednesday, June 12th from 10am-3pm
Hand dipped ice cream at the Port Ludlow Marina Store for their Open House and taste their new products.
Saturday, June 15th from 11am-2pm
The Port Ludlow Golf Course will also be hosting their
2013 Junior Golf Program
Every Saturday from June 29th – August 3rd 1pm-2:30pm
You can also participate in Port Ludlow Kids Day
Saturday, August 17th from 10am-2:30pm
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.
Maralyn D. Hill, The Epicurean Explorer
International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA)
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Blogs: Where and What in the World & Success with Writing
Follow me: @maralynhill
FB: http://www.facebook.com/The.Epicurean.Explorer,, http://www.facebook.com/WhereandWhat.intheWorld, http://www.facebook.com/Success.With.Writing