MENDOCINO, Calif. ( 2018) – is excited to welcome new and returning guests beginning Friday, May 11 for its 2018 season. Founded in late 2016 by St. Helena-based couple Teresa Raffo and Chris Hougie – the creative force behind the beloved Cornerstone Sonoma – Mendocino Grove is a modern camping experience on Northern California’s picturesque Mendocino Coast. Reservations are currently open for the 2018 season, which runs from May 11 through October 31, 2018.
“As we enter our second full season, we’re thrilled to offer our “camping made comfy” concept to travelers visiting the Mendocino Coast,” said Raffo. “Our biggest takeaway from last season is that people are wanting to take a break from the stress of daily life and reconnect with something much deeper. With increasing demand from work and family, and to “stay connected,” there has never been a better time to build on the concept of camping more comfortably. There is something truly restorative about spending the evening around a campfire or the morning listening to the sound of the fog horn from the comfort of your down covered bed. As Chris likes to say, ‘Mendocino Grove is the perfect place to disconnect from Wi-Fi and reconnect with what’s important – family, friends, and yourself.’”
Located on a forest bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Mendocino Grove is ideally situated beside the village of Mendocino, a picturesque destination with stunning ocean vistas, gorgeous beaches and rivers, unique boutiques and art galleries, interesting restaurants and cafes, and much more. The campground is a convenient two-minute drive or 20-minute walk from the heart of Mendocino. From coastal hikes to farm-to-table dinners and wine tasting, the region offers a number of exciting activities and experiences.
Encompassing 37 acres, the property features 60 spacious Safari-style Classic and Family tents, fully-outfitted with comfortable beds, warm down comforters, wool blankets, crisp cotton linens, lanterns, and more. Each tent is located atop a wooden platform with a redwood deck furnished with leather butterfly-chairs, an ideal setting for relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the surrounding forest. Additionally, every campsite includes a picnic table and fire ring ideal for intimate fireside storytelling, cooking, and warmth during the cool mornings and evenings. Wheelchair accessible tents are also available.
Property highlights and amenities include:
· Luxurious bathroom facilities with hot showers, complimentary EO bath products, fresh cotton towels, and well-appointed restrooms
· Communal area for guests with a group campfire (lit daily in the mornings and evenings) and Adirondack chairs
· Picnic tables, bocce ball court, horse shoes, games and books
· Hammocks strung throughout the meadow
· Private hiking trail with complimentary guided hikes on the weekends
· Close access to the on-property, 45-minute Fern Canyon Loop Trail for all skill levels with stunning views of the towering and majestic grand firs, lush fern groves, sweeping meadows, coastal bluffs, and gorgeous beaches
· Complimentary outdoor breakfast bar serving freshly brewed Thanksgiving Coffee from nearby Fort Bragg, hot cocoa, and tea with a light breakfast of yogurt, fruit, and trail bars
· Gas barbeques and a designated area for food preparation
· Sinks with hot water for pre-meal prep and post-meal clean-up
· Hot beverage bar
· Reliable Wi-Fi
· Dog-friendly property ($20/night with a refundable deposit), including a dog washing station
· Firewood, s’mores kits and camp boxes available for purchase
· Access to nearby hiking trails, beaches, canoeing and kayaking
In addition to being a popular destination for couples and families, Mendocino Grove is a prime option for group trips. Whether planning a company retreat, a trip with friends, or a family reunion, Mendocino Grove is an excellent choice, with many group-friendly activities both on-site and nearby. Based on availability, guests can reserve entire group sites for private gatherings and retreats.
About Mendocino Grove
Mendocino Grove is a modern camping experience on Northern California’s picturesque Mendocino Coast. With breathtaking natural beauty all around, visitors can enjoy a tranquil and authentic camping experience with comfortable sleeping arrangements and an array of deluxe amenities. The property was founded by St. Helena couple Teresa Raffo and Chris Hougie, the creative force behind Cornerstone Sonoma. The couple acquired the once-neglected property in early 2016, and in about a year, restored the campground to its former beauty and added just enough luxury to make it comfortable yet still rustic. Wade Hine, a celebrated San Francisco interior designer, assisted with the creative vision for Mendocino Grove.
# # #