Bonaire, Dutch Antilles – Resolve to experience Harbour Village, the Caribbean’s premier luxury dive and beach club. Below are the top 15 reasons to plan your escape in 2015:
1. Scuba Diving – Harbour Village Beach Club’s onsite dive shop offers diving packages and courses for all ages including beginner, advanced and instructor levels. Explore intriguing sites in the shallow waters just off the resort’s shore or take excursions to the more than 80 other well-defined dive sites around the island. More than 30 years of environmental protection laws has made Bonaire home to some of the most well-preserved marine life in the world. Harbour Village is also growing new reef-building corals to add to those already flourishing near the resort’s beach.
2. Snorkeling – Harbour Village is one of the Caribbean’s best snorkeling destinations, with daily snorkeling boat trips and options to snorkel alongside diving companions. The resort’s dive shop offers a popular fluorescence night snorkel, allowing guests to use special UV lights to see the astounding array of florescent colors emitted by underwater animals and corals.
3. Underwater Photography – For those who want to capture the breathtaking images they see, the resort has an excellent Underwater Photography course. Youth photography adventures also are available, as are beach scavenges for younger guests to gather sea glass and driftwood for creating keepsake art projects.
4. Windsurfing – In addition to scuba and snorkeling, Bonaire is known world-wide for its windsurfing. The junior world windsurfing championships are held in Bonaire each year, and the island is the setting for the acclaimed 2013 documentary, “Children of the Wind.”
5. Bird-Watching – More than 150 species of tropical birds can be found on Bonaire, including its famous flamingos. There are only four places in the world where flamingos breed, and Bonaire is one of them.
6. Beach front Accommodations – Harbour Village offers beautifully appointed rooms and suites as well as family-friendly, 2- to 5-bedroom beach houses with plenty of room to spread out in your tropical home-away-from-home.
7. Honeymoon Registry – The resort offers idyllic honeymoon packages that are especially perfect for active couples. Our Honeymoon Wishes registry lets friends and family purchase resort credits and a host of amenities and adventures for the bride and groom.
8. Private, White-Sand Beach – Harbour Village has the only private beach on the island, complete with hammocks for napping and lounging, complimentary lounge chairs and beach towels, as well as beach service from the resort’s La Balandra Restaurant.
9. Perfect Weather Year – Round – Located outside of the hurricane belt, the island of Bonaire offers year-round sunshine, low annual rainfall and an average temperature of 82 degrees.
10. Yoga Retreats –Harbour Village offers Stand-Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga Retreats and a host of other wellness program, healthy dining options and therapeutic spa treatments to enjoy after a full day of fun in the sun.
11. Direct Flights – With newly expanded air service that includes direct flights from Newark, Houston and Atlanta, it’s never been easier to get to beautiful Bonaire.
12. Dining Delights –Bonaire offers an array of world-class restaurants, including Harbour Village’s own La Balandra, designed after an antique Spanish ship with its dining deck located on a jetty extending out to sea. Candlelight dining on the beach is available upon prior request.
13. No Traffic Lights on the Island—The least industrialized island in the Dutch Caribbean, Bonaire has no traffic lights! Enjoy the unique opportunity for a laid-back, nature-oriented escape but with all the luxuries and comforts of home.
14. Friendly Locals – The locals lucky enough to call Bonaire home year-round are happy to help visitors discover their amazing island. Most of Bonaire’s residents speak four languages fluently.
15. The Caribbean’s First 100% Sustainable Island – The Dutch government is undertaking an ambitious project to create a 100% sustainable energy supply, further developing it as one of the world’s top eco-friendly destinations.
About Harbour Village Beach Club
Harbour Village Beach Club is located on a four-acre private peninsula with well-appointed villas nestled amid lush tropical gardens, a private white-sand beach, and an onsite First Class 5 Star PADI Dive Center catering to all ages and skill levels. Guests can explore dive sites just off Harbour Village’s shore, including the shipwreck of the 60-foot “Our Confidence,” located just 50 yards out from the beach, a great spot for beginners that can even be seen by snorkelers from the surface. Another popular dive site, “Something Special,” is also a short swim away. The resort’s luxurious accommodations are situated just a few steps away from the beach and feature opulent décor and thoughtful details like secluded lanais and double hammocks. The resort is also home to the acclaimed La Balandra Restaurant, which gives the sensation of sailing into the Caribbean seascape with a dining deck located on a jetty extending out to sea, as well as The Spa at Harbour Village Beach Club. Harbour Village Beach Club was named Bonaire’s Leading Hotel nine times in the past decade and is Bonaire’s only member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
# # #
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.