COFFEEBAR DISHES OUT A SUMMERTIME PASTA RECIPE FOR
“GOAT CHEESE & SPINACH AGNOLOTTI”
Goat Cheese and Spinach Agnolotti at CoffeeBar
Tel Aviv — July 27, 2017: CoffeeBar
, Tel Aviv’s pioneering modern bistro and the flagship restaurant by R2M group, has unveiled today, an exclusive recipe for its famed Goat Cheese & Spinach Agnolotti.
Served to perfection by Executive Chef Ohad Solomon, CoffeeBar’s Israeli culinary iteration of the classic Italian dish from the Piedmont region dish is dissected into an easy-to-prepare recipe to appease the inner toque in all of us, and to enjoy in the comfort of your own home.
Goat Cheese & Spinach Agnolotti at CoffeeBar
Ingredients for Dough & Filling:
- 16 egg yolks
- 300 grams of flour
- Place the flour and yolks into a food processor until the dough becomes uniform in consistency. Remove the dough from the food processor and kneed manually. Wrap the dough in a piece of plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for one hour.
- 200 grams of soft goat cheese
- 50 grams of grated parmesan
- 1 kg of cleaned and separated spinach leaves
- Sauté the spinach with a little bit of salt and olive oil
- Remove the spinach from the heat
- Cut the spinach leaves into thin pieces with a knife
- Combine the rest of the raw materials with the spinach and add a bit of salt and then transfer it all into a bag
- Take the dough and roll it out onto a surface that has been sprinkled with flour
- Once the dough is flat, place it into a pasta maker, fold the dough lengthwise and repeat
- Flatten the dough & place filling on top and pinch the dough closed into a tube. Each pinch should be separated by four centimeters. Once all the filling is used, cut the dough in between each of the mounds of filling so that they are all separated.
- Heat a pot of water, add salt and add in six-eight pieces of filled dough into the water and let it simmer for three minutes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- thyme branches
- 75 grams of butter
- basil leaves
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and lay them out on a sheet of baking paper with salt, olive oil and thyme
- Place the dish in the oven for an hour and a half at 100 degree celsius
- In a separate skillet, heat the butter and the tomatoes. Using a spoon, press the tomatoes so that all the liquid seeps into the butter and turns it red.
- Add a little bit of water, vegetable stock and the agnolotti and then mix it over basil leaves.
CoffeeBar’s Indoor Dining Space
Opened in 1994 as the aptly named CoffeeBar, where patrons could enjoy a great cup of coffee in an aesthetically pleasing environment,Tel Aviv’s beloved restaurant has since been credited as pioneering the spark of boutique hospitality and dining establishments that is now the latest trend in Tel Aviv.
CoffeeBar is the gastronomical lovechild of Mati and Ruti Broudo, better known as R2M, and has since become a culinary institution that is known for its culinary consistency, impeccable service and innovative approach to a “modern bistro” offering European-influenced take on modern Mediterranean cuisine combining locavore herbs, ingredients and products with an international and sophisticated approach to each of its dishes.
With more than 150 seats divided throughout multiple indoor dining areas – dressed in black-and-white tiles, cinematic lighting schemes and flower vases – along with an al fresco terrace, CoffeeBar aims to further its position as one of the staple culinary institutions in Tel Aviv and a must-visit for any visitor from abroad interested in an authentic homegrown dining experience.
Maralyn D. Hill, M.Ed., The Epicurean Explorer
Executive Editor, LuxeBeatMag.com
Editor-in-Chief, Where and What in the World
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Member: International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA)
Member: Society of American Travel Writers (SATW)
Member: Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
ment’or – Inspiring Culinary Excellence
Blogs: Where and What in the World & Success with Writing
Follow me: @maralynhill
FB: http://www.facebook.com/The.Epicurean.Explorer,, http://www.facebook.com/WhereandWhat.intheWorld, http://www.facebook.com/Success.With.Writing
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is inappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.