Public Relations Director
Angel Fire Resort
NEW MEXICO RESORT ANNOUNCES GUESTS CHEFS FOR
‘ANGEL FIRE FOOD AND WINE ROUNDUP’
Festival Includes Best in Western Cuisine, Fine Wines, Cooking Demos, Craft Brews and Artisanal Spirits
ANGEL FIRE, NM – (March 16, 2017) – Angel Fire Resort, Northern New Mexico’s premier year-round family vacation destination, announced the additional guest chef events have been added to this year’s Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup. The four-day western-themed food and wine event, sponsored by Texas-based A Bar N Ranch, will take place August 24 – 27, 2017. The event will offer guests the best in western cuisine, Wagyu beef, fine wines, craft brews, artisanal spirits and western hospitality with famous chefs, winemakers, brewers and distillers.
Angel Fire, located in the Southern Rockies of New Mexico, will host the event, which is expected to draw thousands of visitors, features restaurants and world-class winemakers, breweries and distillers.
The festival includes guest chef luncheons, cooking demos by top chefs from around the country, Dutch oven cooking demos, Reserve tasting, a Grand tasting, wine seminars, mushroom hunts, guest chef dinners in private residences, silent auction events and artisanal spirits and craft brew tastings. Additionally, the event includes a Boot Scootin’ BBQ and Western Dance at the Angel Fire Resort Country Club, a benefit golf tournament, a Bloody Good Bacon Brunch and Chuck Wagon Breakfast event.
Chicago’s, Meathead Goldwyn; Texan Cowboy Gourmet Chefs, Tom and Lisa Perini; and Harry Soo, Head Chef at LA-based Slap Yo Daddy BBQ are just a few of the attending chefs who will lead cooking demos.
- Chef Goldwyn is the founder, barbecue whisperer, and hedonism evangelist behind amazingribs.com – one of the world’s most popular outdoor cooking websites, and author of the New York Times Best Seller “Meathead. The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling.”
- Chef Tom Perini and his wife, Lisa, are best known for perfecting traditional cowboy cuisine for the past 40 years at Perini Ranch Steakhouse, a gourmet Cowboy restaurant located on the working ranch in Buffalo Gap, Texas.
- Chef Tom Perini and his wife, Lisa are best known for perfecting traditional cowboy cuisine for the past 40 years at Perini Ranch Steakhouse, a gourmet Cowboy restaurant located on the working ranch in Buffalo Gap, Texas.
- Slap Yo Daddy BBQ is the love child of TLC’s BBQ Pitmasters Head Cook Harry Soo. Slap Yo Daddy BBQ, one of the top-ranked Kansas City BBQ Society teams in America, was chosen among over 5,000 professional teams to appear on TLC’s BBQ Pitmasters Season One in 2010. In the Season Finale, SYD stunned the nation by defeating all the teams in the show including two BBQ World Champions in the winner-take-all Rib Throwdown in Texas.
- Angel Fire Resort’s head chef from Elements Restaurant Kevin McCaffery will be serving the Boot Scootin’ BBQ and the Bloody Good Bacon Brunch.
Additionally, nationally acclaimed artist, Jennifer Cavan and food writing expert, Cheryl Jamison will be at the four-day event.
· Santa Fe-based pastel artist, Jennifer Cavan, has been commissioned to produce an original piece of art for the event which will be auctioned at the Reserve Tasting, with proceeds benefitting Make-A-Wish New Mexico and The National Veterans Wellness and Healing Center of Angel Fire.
· Four-time James Beard Foundation award-winner, Cheryl Alters Jamison is a cookbook author and food journalist and the host of the weekly food radio show “Heating It Up.” She has written about Southwestern cooking for Saveur, Cooking Light, New Mexico Magazine and Bon Appétit. She will be on hand at the event to emcee cooking demonstrations and to sign copies of several of her cookbooks, including “Smoke and Spice,” “The Border Cookbook,” “The 50th Anniversary Rancho De Chimayó Cookbook,” “American Home Cooking,” and “Tasting New Mexico: Recipes Celebrating 100 Years of Distinctive Home Cooking.”
“The Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup showcases our Western hospitality in a beautiful and relaxed mountain environment,” explains Kate Collins, Director, Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup. “This friendly and social celebration is ideal for anyone who appreciates the best in exceptional cuisine, cooking demonstrations from top chefs and wine tastings hosted by professional sommeliers.”
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Dinner at the Lodge Complimented by Selected Spirits
Cooking Demo and Lunch
Wine & Spirits Seminar & Tastings
Reserve Tasting & Silent Auction
Private Wine Dinners with Guest Chefs
Bulls N Broncs Charity Golf Tournament
Chuck Wagon Breakfast
Dutch Oven Cooking Class
Crafted Beer Tasting & Lunch
Roundup Grand Tasting
Boots, Boogie & BBQ
Bloody Good Bacon Brunch
For additional information about the Angel Fire Food and Wine Roundup: https://www.angelfirefoodandwine.com
Media photo file (please courtesy “Angel Fire Resort” with use of any of the images):
Media interested in attending the event or lining up interviews contact:
Angel Fire Resort PR Director
Maralyn D. Hill, M.Ed., The Epicurean Explorer
Executive Editor, LuxeBeatMag.com
Editor-in-Chief, Where and What in the World
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Member: International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA)
Member: Society of American Travel Writers (SATW)
Member: Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
Follow me: @maralynhill
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is inappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.