A white Christmas or a bright Christmas? Those jumping out of their seats at the thought of the latter can head to two of Urgo Hotels & Resorts’ Florida locations, Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa and Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, to soak up the sun and the holiday season with a host of wallet-friendly deals and dining options.
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island brings the magic of Christmas in-suite with its I’m Dreaming of a Palm Beach Christmas package. Santa’s helpers will transform the room into a winter wonderland with a Christmas tree covered in dazzling lights and ornaments, stockings stuffed with $50 gift cards to SiSpa and 3800 Ocean, and a basket of cookies and milk. Guests will also receive two beach chairs, an umbrella and table rental for one day. Starting at $459 the package is available for booking through Dec. 26.
Executive Chef Larry LaValley of 3800 Ocean, the inviting oceanfront gathering spot for resort guests and locals alike on Singer Island, has prepared delectable holiday menus with a side of ocean views for Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. For reservations call 561-340-1795.
• A Merry Christmas Morning Breakfast Buffet will be served (8-11 a.m.) with a host of options including a seafood station; assorted breads and pastries; omelets; and raspberry and cream cheese-stuffed French toast. Breakfast is $28 for adults and $14 for children under 12 excluding tax and gratuity.
• Noon marks the start of a Merry Christmas Day Grand Lunch Buffet (served until 3 p.m.). Stations include a raw bar; an array of soups and salads; mini cold-and-hot appetizers; a pasta station; a carving station; and a chef’s selection table of seasonal desserts. Brunch is $55 for adults and $16 for children under 12 excluding tax and gratuity.
• A Three-Course Merry Christmas Day Dinner will be served from 5-10 p.m. Menu selections include a shrimp and lobster profiterole with wild mushroom duxelle bisque; filet of beef tenderloin with roasted mushroom and Swiss chard, Rösti potato, truffle hollandaise and onion jam; and crab crusted salmon with roasted bliss potatoes, sautéed spinach and Dijon buerre blanc. Impressive desserts including warm apple cinnamon bread pudding with rum raisin sauce and eggnog ice cream will round out the holiday feast. Dinner is $65 for adults and $18 for children under 12 excluding tax and gratuity.
• New Year’s Eve at 3800 Ocean will kick off 2015 in style. A festive three-course menu will be served during two seatings from 5-7 p.m. ($65 per person) and 8-10:30 p.m. ($125 per person). The second seating includes an Amuse Bouche, complimentary Champagne toast, live entertainment, DJ and dancing until 2 a.m. Tax and gratuity are additional.
Thanks to new direct flights to Fort Lauderdale via Jet Blue and Virgin America, holiday travel is that much easier this year. Those in search of a laid back holiday escape can head to Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach with its Suite Holidays at the Beach package. Couples enjoy a two night stay in a suite, a welcome amenity of holiday chocolates and sparkling wine, buffet breakfast daily in McCoy’s Oceanfront, and two 50-minute signature facials or signature massages per stay. Starting at $305 the package is available through Jan. 4, 2015.
For Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve McCoy’s Oceanfront, the beachfront restaurant whose namesake pays homage to the Prohibition-era William “Bill” McCoy, will host holiday meals inspired by seasonal, local and sustainable ingredients prepared by Executive Chef Daniel Gerety. For reservations call 954-782-0100.
• A Christmas Day Holiday Feast Buffet (3-7 p.m.) will include roasted winter squash with truffle honey, caramelized onion savory bread pudding, Yukon Gold whipped potatoes, and carving stations featuring prime rib with a peppercorn demi-glace and horseradish; and bacon-wrapped pork loin with oven dried tomato and basil cream. An array of seasonal desserts will also be served. The menu is $47 for adults and $18.75 for children ages six to 12 excluding tax and gratuity. Children under five eat free.
• Complete with live entertainment by Joanna Holstein, McCoy’s will serve up a four-course New Year’s Eve Dinner (8:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.). The meal will begin with an oyster shooter amuse bouche, followed by a choice of lobster bisque or house salad. Main course options include Oscar style filet with roasted Yukon potatoes and asparagus topped with crab meat and béarnaise sauce (a lobster tail can be added for $20); pan seared sea bass with lentil and black eyed pea salad, tomato saffron broth and Micro greens; or jumbo sea scallops and shrimp with faro risotto, wild mushrooms, truffle oil, and a composed salad. Dessert selections include a choice of molten lava cake a la mode or New York style cheese cake with fresh berries and raspberry drizzle. Dinner is $65 per person plus tax and gratuity. Children under five eat free.
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.