AMAWATERWAYS DEBUTS 2015 EUROPE,
RUSSIA, ASIA & AFRICA BROCHURE
Impressive Program Features Three New Ships, First-Ever Myanmar Sailings,
Unique New Theme Cruises and More; Book Now for Special Savings
CALABASAS, CA – (July 18, 2014) – AmaWaterways (www.AmaWaterways.com),
the world’s leading river cruise line, today announced the debut of its 2015
Europe, Russia, Asia & Africa brochure. The new brochure introduces three new ships, a new destination, and unique new theme cruises, as well as the return of the line’s popular wine and Christmas markets sailings.
“Heading into 2015, the entire AmaWaterways team could not be more excited, as we prepare to roll out incredible new offerings for travelers seeking unforgettable river cruise adventures,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-owner of AmaWaterways. “Ama is derived from the Latin word for love and in 2015, travelers will undoubtedly fall in love with our extensive lineup of new products, services, itineraries, ships, destinations and amenities.”
Highlights of AmaWaterways’ 2015 Europe, Russia, Asia & Africa brochure include:
Three New Ships:
- AmaSerena and AmaVista – These anticipated new sister ships will offer travelers the opportunity to sail Europe’s most desired waterways, including the Danube, Main and Rhine. The 164-passenger vessels will feature Twin Balcony Staterooms, heated swimming pools with swim-up bars, salon services, fitness rooms, elegant glass elevators and more.
- AmaDara – This innovative new 124-passenger ship joins AmaLotus in 2015, offering an exciting voyage along the fabled Mekong through Vietnam and Cambodia. The itinerary features a once-in-a-lifetime overnight experience on an authentic yet contemporary junk, stops at UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and time exploring the ancient Khmer empire.
New and Returning Theme Cruises:
- In Celebration of Wine Cruise – AmaWaterways’ wine cruises continue to grow in popularity each year and make their return in 2015. Traveling throughEurope’s acclaimed wine regions, these select sailings will feature expert wine hosts, complimentary lectures, wine tastings and excursions to historic vineyards and cellars. (19 Departures in 2015)
- Beer Cruise – A first for AmaWaterways, 2015 will bring the all-new Beer Cruise. Hosted by beer expert Don “Joe Sixpack” Russell – author of a weekly beer column and three books – beer enthusiasts will enjoy beer pairing dinners, unique experiences, visits to famed breweries and local tastings. The new Beer Cruise will take place as part of AmaWaterways’ March 31 Tulip Time Cruise sailing and December 14 Christmas Time Cruise itinerary. (2 Departures in 2015)
- Art Illumination Cruise – Art aficionados and aspiring artists alike can channel their inner Monet during this inaugural journey through France’s legendary Normandy region onboard AmaLegro. After admiring the real-life backdrops of the world’s most celebrated works of art, guests may participate in complimentary painting classes led by expert instructors onboard. (EmbarkingAugust 13, 2015)
- Jazz Cruise – Conducted in partnership with Jazzdagen Tours, this 7-night cruise onboard AmaLyra will feature exclusive jazz performances by a global assortment of musicians and immersive tours of a variety of ports, including the grand capital Vienna and charming towns like Durnstein. Guests can explore magnificent cathedrals and Baroque abbeys and take in the stunning sights of Wachau Valley. (Embarking September 22, 2015)
- Jewish Heritage Cruises – These special itineraries dive deep into the legacy of Europe’s Jewish history and culture. Complimentary excursions include visits to well-known World War II sites, historic Jewish synagogues and sightseeing spots in some of Europe’s most beautiful cities. Countries visited include Germany, Austria, Hungary and Slovakia. Optional extensions in Prague on The Romantic Danube and Lucerne and Zurich on The Enchanting Rhine are also available. (4 Departures in 2015)
- Christmas Markets Cruises – AmaWaterways’ magical holiday cruises are a perfect way for people to spend quality time with family and friends. With sumptuous feasts, festive décor, onboard entertainment and visits to delightful centuries-old Christmas Markets in places such as Regensburg, Nuremberg and Vienna, a river cruise holiday promises extra special memories to savor a lifetime. Travelers will enjoy two itineraries in the Christmas markets, includingChristmas Time Cruise (13 Departures in 2015); and Christmas on the Rhine. (11 Departures in 2015)
In addition to its regular program of sailings in 2015 – as outlined in the new brochure – AmaWaterways’ philanthropic arm, AmaCares, will offer a new way for travelers to give back. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the line will donate $500 per stateroom onboard its In Celebration of Life cruises on October 25 and October 28 to the American Cancer Society for breast cancer research, prevention and treatment.
In total, AmaWaterways will offer 25 distinctive itineraries onboard 20 ships visiting nearly 30 countries throughout 2015. The fastest-growing river cruise line with an emphasis on innovative ship design and unparalleled guest service, AmaWaterways was recently the only cruise line to receive a 4-Star Plus rating by the Berlitz: River Cruising in Europe Travel Guide, taking the guide’s top eleven spots. AmaPrimareceived the highest possible score in the book, crowned “Queen of the River” when compared to more than 280 rated vessels.
and Twitter @AmaWaterways.
ABOUT AMA WATERWAYS
AmaWaterways offers award-winning river cruises around the world, including Europe, Russia, Southeast Asia and Africa. The company has received numerous honors and accolades over the years, including Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards, Cruise Critic’s Editors’ Pick Award and an overall 4-Star Plus rating the inaugural Berlitz: River Cruising in Europe. AmaWaterways’ European fleet includes AmaVista (2015), AmaSerena (2015), AmaReina (2014), AmaSonata (2014), AmaPrima (2013), AmaCerto (2012), AmaVerde (2011), AmaBella (2010), AmaLyra (2009), AmaDolce (2009), AmaCello (2008), AmaDante (2008), AmaLegro (2007) and the AmaDagio (2006). The company’s AmaVoyages division has a fleet of six ships that includes AmaPura (2014) on the Ayeyarwady River in Myanmar, AmaVida (2013) on the Douro River in Portugal, AmaKatarina (rebuilt 2011) on the Volga in Russia, AmaDara (2015) and AmaLotus (2011) on the Mekong in Vietnam and Cambodia, and the Zambezi Queen (2009) on the Chobe in Botswana.
|MEDIA CONTACTS:Samantha Jacobs / Kristin Soto, Hemsworth Communications(954) 319-1787 / (754) 246-8862Samantha.Jacobs@hemsworthcommunications.com
Maralyn D. Hill, M.Ed., The Epicurean Explorer
Executive Editor, LuxeBeatMag.com
July Digital Edition now online at http://luxebeatmag.com/magazine/july-2014/
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA)
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Member: Society of American Travel Writers (SATW)
Member: Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
Blogs: Where and What in the World & Success with Writing
Follow me: @maralynhill
FB: http://www.facebook.com/The.Epicurean.Explorer,, http://www.facebook.com/WhereandWhat.intheWorld, http://www.facebook.com/Success.With.Writing
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.