- The Meet the Chef program includes:
- – Luxury suite at Hotel Matilda.
- – Early check-in and late check-out.
- – Tour with Chef Olvera of San Miguel de Allende, a UNESCO World Heritage site with cobbled streets, historic
- churches and a marketplace brimming with the ingredients of his cuisine in Moxi.
- – Tasting menu dinner with Chef Olvera in Moxi.
- – Special amenities in your suite.
- The cost for two people is US$3,756.80. For more information and reservations: toll free 855-MATILDA (855-628-4532), or email@example.com.
- Chef Olvera is recognized for brilliantly evolving time-honored Mexican culinary traditions with the latest cooking techniques, unexpected ingredient combinations and unique artistic presentations. He brought this culinary philosophy to Moxi to design a menu that is a reflection of the culture of today’s San Miguel de Allende. “Our concept unites the sophisticated and cosmopolitan scene in this historic colonial town with traditional dishes that are pure and honest,” explained Chef Olvera. “Our menu at Moxi has a Mexican soul but an international palate,” he added. “The flavors, textures, combinations and presentations are subtly familiar yet exuberantly original.”
- The food at Moxi is prepared with farm-to-table ingredients procured locally from the best organic farms and specialty food producers. “To be authentic, you must be seasonal and local,” said Chef Olvera. “These two words are encrypted in our cuisine.”
- Hotel Matilda is a dynamic contemporary hotel celebrated for its chic lifestyle-focused guest experience and one-of-a-kind art and culinary events, from exhibits by noted artists to Supper Club culinary evenings with famous guest chefs. In November 2012, Hotel Matilda was named the #2 hotel in Mexico by Condé Nast Traveler in its Readers’ Choice Awards.
- The ‘Matilda lifestyle’ guest experience combines an award-winning holistic spa that was named to Condé Nast Traveler’s 2011 Hot List of the world’s top new spas; a popular lounge known for its creative mixology; designer rooms and suites; a vibrant art-gallery-like interior – the first and only contemporary ambiance in colonial San Miguel de Allende – filled with a eclectic collection of dramatic contemporary works by noted artists, many specifically commissioned for the hotel; and world-class dining by Enrique Olvera in Moxi.
- Hotel Matilda opened in September 2010 in the center of San Miguel de Allende, the crown jewel of Colonial Mexico that is an UNESCO World Heritage Site celebrated for its intact 500-year-old Spanish architecture. Condé Nast Traveler, in its 2012 Readers’ Choice Awards, named engaging and beautiful San Miguel – with its graceful arches, beautiful bell towers, ornate churches, cobbled lanes and walls aflame with bougainvillea – the #1 destination in Mexico.
- Media Contact:
- Marian Gerlich / Ed Placidi
- P&G Communications
- Los Angeles
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Executive Editor, LuxeBeatMag.com
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill