The VISITBRUSSELS awards were presented last night at a ceremony in the ‘Hotel de la Poste’ (Tour & Taxis) in Brussels. These awards recognize the most dynamic initiatives that have contributed this past year to the appearance and attractiveness of the Brussels-Capital Region.
70 initiatives have enrolled this year. Never before has VISITBRUSSELS registered as many records. A 10-member jury composed of journalists and presidents of various associations in the tourism sector, has selected three nominees for each category. It is ultimately the general public that designated the winners by casting their online votes.
And the winners are …
– In the category New Concept in Town 2012 : Brussels Vintage Market with 1203 votes (51%)
– In the category EVENING EXPERIENCE 2012 : Brussels X New Year’s Eve with 1177 votes (40%)
– In the category MOST NOTED EXHIBITION 2012 : Toots90 with 928 votes (43%)
– In the category INTERNATIONAL EVENT 2012 : Couleur Café with 1252 votes (46%)
– In the category BEST GASTRONOMIC CONCEPT 2012 : Brussels Urban BBQ with 1018 votes (52%)
– In the category HOTEL NEWCOMER 2012 : The Hotel with 1070 votes (41%)
– In the category NEW EVENT PLACE 2012 : Hard Rock Café with 1133 votes (40%)
– In the category INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS 2012 : Creators Conference with 993 votes (52%)
– In the category ACCESIBILITY AWARD 2012 : Musée des Sciences Naturelles with 1333 votes (61%)
More information: www.visitbrusselsawards.be
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill