Tracy Hom (212) 805-8010
CELEBRITY CRUISES PULLS INTO GRAND CENTRAL TERMINAL
Modern luxury cruise line unveils The Lawn Club Experience
NEW YORK – June 03, 2013 – Celebrity Cruises is rolling out “The Lawn Club Experience” in New York City’s famed Grand Central Terminal. OnJune 10 and 11, Celebrity Cruises will take over Vanderbilt Hall to recreate its iconic Lawn Club, offering a taste of the interactive and premium experiences that guests enjoy onboard the modern luxury cruise line. The Lawn Club is featured exclusively on Celebrity Cruises’ Solstice-class ships, centered around a half-acre of real grass growing on the top deck.
Local commuters and passersby can participate in the following Lawn Club Experience activities, including:
- Jazz Music at the Lawn Club – Lincoln Center presents the Jon-Erik Kellso Trio (June 10) and Mona’s Hot Three (June 11) to play jazz throughout the afternoon as crowds escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Celebrity Cruises Lawn Club Croquet Challenge – No need to wear all white, as anyone can have the chance to pick up a mallet and knock croquet balls through wickets to win prizes.
- Sit, Smile, Snap – Guests can relax in the oversized Celebrity Cruises Adirondack Chair and have their picture taken to instantly share with friends across the web.
- Fresh 102.7 WWFS-FM – Fresh 102.7-FM DJ, Christine Richie will spin great tunes and emcee all the exciting Celebrity Cruises activities throughout the event.
- Custom Spice Rub Station – Guests can channel their inner chefs and create their own spice rubs, just like at The Lawn Club Grill, the popular outdoor grilling specialty restaurant found on the Lawn Club of the two newest ships: Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection.
- Sweepstakes – By participating in any of the Lawn Club activities at Grand Central Terminal, guests can enter to win a free Celebrity Cruises trip for two (2) to Bermuda.
This on-land invasion runs in conjunction with Celebrity’s Grand Sale Event that promotes sailings from January to December 2014. For two days only, guests can save $1,000 on a Europe sailing, or $500 when booking a cruise to Alaska, Bermuda or the Caribbean.
New Yorkers and those in the surrounding area have an easy commute to Cape Liberty (Bayonne), NJ, where they can board Celebrity Summit and cruise to Bermuda every Sunday through September 1, 2013.
To learn more about the Celebrity Cruises Grand Sale event, visitwww.celebritycruises.com/
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises’ iconic “X” is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises’ 11 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. Celebrity is one of five cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.
# # #
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill