May 22, 2013-Vail, Colorado-Studio 8100, located near Vail, Colorado welcomes students to learn from the very best dance teachers in the nation this summer at the newest dance studio in the area. The “Summer Dance Intensive” series allow participants of all levels to take classes led by invited dance luminaries and Studio 8100’s own high-profile dance instructors in the heart of one of the Rocky Mountain’s most charming resort areas. The intensives are one to two week long programs (in addition to the studio’s regular schedule of class offerings) in ballet, hip-hop and other dance styles. Guest teachers includes Principal Dancers from national ballet companies, choreographers with resumes that include movie, stage and broadcast experience and winners of national dance competitions.
Students enjoy practice at new Vail area dance studio
“We think this is the trifecta of the way a dancer can take a week in the summer to train: they get high-altitude training, access to the best teachers in the world, and time to enjoy the charming atmosphere of world-famous the Vail resort area,” states Studio 8100 owner Hilde Falk. “We are excited to show a wide audience our new studio, since we invested in the highest level of professional floor materials, a light and bright setting with floor-to-ceiling glass windows showcasing the mountains, and space to really move and express dance.”
A wide variety of evening activities are scheduled, such as meet-and-greets, excursions to other local visiting professional performances, and more all listed on the www.vaildanceintensive.com
A potential line-up of teachers includes:
- Corina Kinnear, Los Angeles based Emmy nominated dancer
- Sharon Wehner, Principal Dancer with The Colorado Ballet Company
- David Taylor, Choreographer and Director of one of Denver (and the nation’s) most recognized dance companies for forty years, whose troupe has toured all over the world every year
- Joanna Curley, Youth America Grand Prix Winner dancer
- Rachel Elliott, Contemporary Dancer, LINES Ballet, San Francisco
- Chase Evered, featured performer on tour with LeAnn Rimes, Destiny’s Child, Ciara and others
- Audrey Gibson, Los Angeles’ Revolution Company and dancer in television’s popular show, “Bunheads”
Dance intensives are intended for ages 11-25, from intermediate level dancers and above. Lodging packages are available. Prices start at $750 for one week; lodging add-ons from a reduced rate of $375 per week. For more information about the Summer Dance Intensive, visit www.vaildanceintensive.com
or Studio 8100’s website, www.studio8100.com
or call 970-306-3395.
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload three photos. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.