Visit Jacksonville Unveils New Website Highlighting Jacksonville’s Uniqueness and Specialties
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — If you have ever wondered “What makes Jacksonville special? What sets us apart?” then you need to visit www.OnlyInJax.com and find out all the unique, exciting and special things, places and sights that can only be experienced here in the best destination in Florida.
Did you know that…?
- · The first time Europeans and Native Americans met for a meal was actually in Fort Caroline, Jacksonville in 1564.
- · In the early years of the 20th century, Jacksonville earned the title of “Winter Film Capital of the World” attracting over 30 movie studios.
- · Treaty Oak is Jacksonville’s oldest resident. The Southern Oak is more than 250 years old.
- · With over 80,000 acres of parks Jacksonville boasts the largest urban park system in the country, almost six times the size of the island of Manhattan.
- · The Mug Race is the longest river race for sailboats in the world.
- · Kona Skatepark is the world’s oldest operational private skate park.
- · Locally own restaurants and bars on King Street in Jacksonville’s Riverside neighborhood offer over 300 beers on tap. Happy hour anyone?
…These are just some of the “Only in Jax” facts!
Jacksonville is a natural paradise with a thriving urban scene. Our 21 miles of serene beaches, extensive park system and our hip dinning and nightlife scene make us an electrifying tourist and business destination. www.OnlyInJax.com is a website meant to give Jacksonville residents and local organizations the knowledge to discover a new side of Jacksonville and become ambassadors for their city, while at the same time serving as an information hub for visitors looking for the “real” Jacksonville experience.
www.OnlyInJax.com has information on local businesses, special recognitions, restaurants, nightlife, arts, entertainment, adventure, sports, shopping and history that is unique and can only be found in Jacksonville. Explore www.OnlyInJax.com, share it with your friends and help us improve it. Use the email link on the site to share “Only In Jax” facts with us.
Visit Jacksonville is the marketing organization contracted by the Duval County Tourist Development Council (TDC) to champion the growth of business and leisure tourism in Northeast Florida. Along with its nearly 400 tourism partners, Visit Jacksonville stimulates economic impact, quality of life and recognition for the Northeast Florida region. For a closer look at all there is to see and do in Jacksonville, go to www.VisitJacksonville.com.
208 N. Laura St., Ste. 102
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Direct: (904) 421-9169
Cellular: (305) 915-3850
Fax: (904) 899-9668
We welcome press releases on the food, wine, travel, and items related to the hospitality industry. We receive emails with more than we can post to our service. If you would like to post a press release, please click the the submission tab to get the form to upload your release. You can also upload a photo. It will go in pending and be scheduled, unless it is unappropriate. This will enable more of you to have your releases up in a timely manner.
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill