FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
7th Annual Sweet Success
Langley, BC… For the seventh year in a row Vista D’oro Farms canvassed the participation of local restaurants and bakeries for their annual ‘Operation – Cookies for Kids’ a BC Children’s Hospital fundraiser. Successful again this year, the fundraiser tipped the scales at $8,000.00; making the total donated over 7 years to $63.000.00. With 100% of the proceeds going the Children’s Hospital, Lee and Patrick Murphy of Vista D’oro Farms are extremely grateful for the opportunity to honour the memories of loved ones in this way.
Over the holidays Vista D’oro elves scampered through the city collecting all kinds of sweet confections to bring back to the farm for packaging and sale. Collected were enough cookies, biscuits and breads, generously donated by some of Vancouver’s top chefs and bakers, to fill 150 holiday inspired tins. For this Vista D’oro Farms sends out a HUGE “Thank You” to this year’s wonderful contributors, “Honestly, we couldn’t do this without their generosity.”
This year’s Baker elves included:
· Au Petit Chavignol – Triple Chocolate Cookies
· Bishop’s Restaurant – Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookies
· Chambar Restaurant – White Chocolate Orange Pecan Biscotti
· Culinary Capers Catering & Special Events – Chocolate Crinkle Cookies & Vanilla Sugar Cookies
· forage restaurant – Listel Hotel – Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
· Krause Berry Farm – Strawberry Cookies
· Lesley Stowe Fine Foods – Raincoast Cookies – Dark Chocolate, Tart Cherry & Pecans
· Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver – Checkerboard Cookies & Chocolate Sparkles
· The Original Cakerie – Chocolate, Coconut, Nut & Oatmeal Cookies
· The Pink Spatula – Black Pepper Biscotti
· Ann Kirsebom’s Toast of the Town Catering – Hazelnut Phyllo Crisps
· Terra Breads – Chocolate Stout Cookie, Orange Vanilla Shortbread & Hazelnut Shortbread
· Vista D’oro Farms – Fig & Walnut Wine Thumbprints, Fleur de Sel Chocolate Crisps, Shortbread
Special thanks also goes out to tin sponsors Leo & Mary Patchett of Patchett Excavating Ltd. and Nancy Wilson of Fit to Be Tied for the beautiful bows.
Vista D’oro Farms’ Lee and Patrick Murphy also wish to thank all those who helped make this possible through their donation to purchase the tins, essentially putting their Christmas dollars to work. See you again next year.
As part of Children’s & Women’s Health Centre of British Columbia, British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital (Children’s) is the province’s major treatment, teaching and research facility for child health, caring for patients from birth to age 16.
Media Contact: Alexander Ink Public Relations
Alexander Ink Public Relations
1604 – 888 Hamilton St.
Vancouver, BC V6B 5W4
Board Member, Co-Chair Conference & Media Trip Committee, Past President
Freelance Lifestyle Journalist
Follow me: @maralynhill