SEATTLE, November 2012 – Seabourn has expanded its exciting line-up of distinguished guest speakers who will entertain guests aboard Seabourn Quest’s world cruise in 2013. The new additions include historians, authors, and entertainers, such as Grammy Award-winning vocalist Patti Austin, film and television actress Stefanie Powers, and more. Seabourn Quest’s world cruise will depart January 6, 2013, from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and end in Venice, Italy, on May 3.
The group brings a diversity of individuals to the voyage, with backgrounds and interests ranging from scientists, scholars and maritime experts to a documentary filmmaker, entertainers and politicians. All of them will share their expertise and provide valuable insights to Seabourn Quest guests at different times during their 116-day voyage around the world.
Seabourn Quest’s 2013 line-up of world cruise guest speakers and destination experts will include:
- Patti Austin -Grammy Award-winning vocalist and composer. January 6 – 12.
- Stefanie Powers – American film and television actress. April 12 – 23.
Destination Experts / Historians / Authors
- Roy Willis – renowned world historian and author. January 30 – February 16.
- Colonel Gene McConville – Senior Military Advisor; Authority on Indonesian and Southeast Asia Affairs. February 22 – March 1.
- Dr. Glenn E. Robinson – expert on Middle East affairs. April 2 – 12.
- Mason Florence – photojournalist and Asian travel expert. March 14 – 23.
- James Placzek – Southeast Asian cultural historian. March 23 – 31.
- Dr. Jean-Pierre Isbouts -author, historian, filmmaker. April 21 – May 3.
- Stephen Lash – Chairman Emeritus, Christie’s Americas. January 6 – 16.
- Adrian Cooper – Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and BBC consultant. January 30 – February 10.
- William Gurstelle – Engineer, science and technology author. February 10 – 22.
- Linda Ferreri – Art historian and author. March 1 – 14.
The onboard enrichment lineup augments an extensive array of daytime and nightly entertainment that ranges from dynamic, up-to-the-minute vocal performances, classical recitals, comedy, engaging quiz shows, dance classes and live music for dancing.
Introduced on June 20, 2011, Seabourn Quest is the third iteration of the sleek and widely admired design that has been hailed as “a game-changer for the luxury segment.” Seabourn Quest’s wealth of luxurious amenities and features make it the ideal ship for extended voyages such as a world cruise.
Seabourn Quest’s 116-day world cruise sails from Ft. Lauderdale to Venice, visiting an array of exotic destinations in the South Pacific, Australia, Indonesia and Southeast Asia, India, Arabia and the Mediterranean. Rates for the full world cruise begin at $52,012 per person, based on double occupancy, including round trip air and a host of other complimentary amenities. For guests who cannot sail the entire voyage, shorter segments are available from 21 days, with rates starting at $12,599 per person including air, based on double occupancy.
For more information or reservations, contact a travel professional, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.