Hotel Matilda Joins Forces with Internationally Renowned
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico – June 6, 2012: Hotel Matilda (www.hotelmatilda.com) and Mexico’s most recognized chef, Enrique Olvera, have entered into a partnership that brings his internationally acclaimed culinary skills and techniques to the hotel to create a world-class dining experience.
- In 2004, at age 27, he received Catadores magazine’s “Chef of the Year” award.
- In 2005, and again in 2007, he received the “Young Restaurateur’s” award from Mexico’s National Chamber for the Restaurant and Prepared Foods Industry.
- Chilango magazine has given him the “Chilango (Mexico City Resident) of the Year” award on many occasions, as well as “Chef of the Decade” in 2009 and “Mexico City’s Best Restaurant” for Pujol in 2011.
- Expansión, Mexico’s most important business publication, named him to the list of “Thirty Most Talented Mexicans” in 2009.
- GQ México in 2009 named him one of the “15 Men of the Year.”
- Food & Wine described Olvera in 2010 as one of the “10 Most Promising Figures in World Cuisine.”
- In 2010, Starchefs.com named him to their list of the “Top Ten International Figures in World Gastronomy.”
- In 2010, and again in 2011, Quién magazine named him one of the “Fifty People Who Move Mexico.”
- In 2011, he was included in the book Uno + Uno as one of “32 Leaders Who Make Mexico What It Is.”
- In 2011, Travel & Leisure recognized Olvera with its “Best Tasting Menu” and “Best of the Best” prizes in its special “Gourmet Awards” issue.
- In 2011, when Pujol was named to the prestigious San Pellegrino List of “The World’s 50 Best Restaurants,” this was the first time a Mexican restaurant with a Mexican chef received the honor. Pujol made the list in 2011 at #49, and then in 2012 moved up 13 places to #36.